Religions for Peace (RFPUSA) USA envisions a nation in which people of faith and goodwill live together in respect and mutual support, creating paths to peace and justice. The mission of the organization is to inspire and advance common actions for peace through multi religious cooperation among our nation’s religious communities.
Religions for Peace USA seeks a Development Director (50% part-time) as outlined below.
- Develop and implement development strategy
- Research funding opportunities that fit with the organization’s mission
- Draft proposals based on the requirements of the foundation and funders
- Identify, cultivate, and conduct outreach to donors
- Outreach and engagement with member communities to maximize institutional support for the organization
- Organize and execute in-person and virtual fundraising events and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree (required); master’s degree (desired)
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities and with sensitivity (required)
- Demonstrated experience in grant prospecting and using the Foundation Center online database (required)
- Demonstrated experience in effective fundraising (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated online communications and social media skills (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to recruit, manage, and coordinate people and implement strategy (required)
- Experience in interfaith relations and engagement (desired)
- Strong verbal and written communications and online research skills (required)
Salary and benefits are negotiable. Opportunities for growth in this role are available. While the office of RFPUSA is located in New York City, the selected candidate does not need to be limited to the greater NY area. Applications from across the United States are invited.
Application materials should include resume, statement of interest, three professional references, and two pieces of sample grant prospecting. Please submit as one pdf file to email@example.com by October 15, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.